Symptoms of Depression
Most people during their lifetime will experience at least mild depression.
Depression signs include feeling sad, having decreased motivation and energy, and feeling worthless and hopeless.
If you're wondering "am I depressed?" take the depression test below.
1. Are you sleeping more than normal?
2. Are you experiencing insomnia?
3. Have you recently had an increase in appetite?
4. Have you recently had a decrease in appetite?
5. Are you having difficulty concentrating?
6. Have you recently experienced a loss of energy and motivation?
7. Do you have overwhelming feelings of helplessness, worthlessness, or guilt?
8. Are you uninterested in activities that you used to enjoy?
9. Do you dwell on past failures and mistakes?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may be depressed.
You're not alone, however! Depression is a treatable condition that has been shown to respond well in many cases to mental health therapy, antidepressants, or a combination of the two.
It's important to choose a mental health therapist you're comfortable with. As a psychologist, I welcome the opportunity to talk with you about my practice and what approaches may be best for you.
If you're feeling depressed, don't suffer in silence. Call today to learn how therapy can help you.
Gem Moore, Ph.D.
DR. GEM I SERVICES